Saving Rat Terriers Since 1999

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Available For Adoption

Abbott (Florida)


My name is Abbott! I was born in April 2008 and weigh about 15 pounds. I'm an exceptionally happy boy, and love to play with the toys and the other dogs at my foster home. I get along great with all of the other dogs at my foster home and am not bothered by the cats either. I enjoy people of all ages. I also enjoy having a bone to chew on. I'm even learning that I can spend time on the couch with my foster mom. I have done very well in the house with regular potty breaks. I am crate trained, and keep it clean. When it's time to go outside I know just the way to get to the door. To see more pictures of me, go to http://imageevent.com/rattiemom/abbott.



Bucke Rucke (North Carolina)


Bucke has been in rescue since March 6, 2009. He was an owner surrender. Bucke loves kids, gets along with other dogs and knows no strangers. We don't know about cats. Bucke is very vocal; he loves to talk to his people. The only thing we are having to work on right now is his desire to mark in the house, but with supervision he does really well. He loves attention and gives the sweetest kisses.



Daphne ( South Carolina)

Daphne Dupuy was rescued from a shelter in Louisiana that euthanizes by gassing. Ratbone Rescues could not allow this, as Daphne is one terribly sweet dog. She is a beautiful, ten month old Border Rat, or Border Collie/Rat Terrier mix, weighing in at 29 pounds. She is extremely clever and well socialized. She loves to play with toys and loves to be with the special people in her life. She could run and frolic all day, but she does know how to calm down, takes basic cues quickly. She also walks well on a leash. Daphne found the dog door herself on the first day in her foster home, and knew instinctively what it was for. She gets along very well with other dogs, but is frightened of the cat; she will approach, as she is very inquisitive, but then will whine and run in the other direction. To see more photos of Daphne please click this link http://imageevent.com/rattiemom/daphnedupuy.


Lady (Pennsylvania)


Lady is a 5 to 6 year old female Rat Terrier who came into rescue due to the death of her owner. She is slightly overweight at about 18 pounds, but her foster family is working on bringing her weight down a bit. Lady is a very affectionate and sweet girl with a great personality who loves everyone she meets, and for the most part she is pretty laid back. She enjoys her people and will follow you around as you move from room to room. Lady is housebroken but is not fully trustworthy if left alone in the house, so she should be crated when you leave.

No comments: