Saving Rat Terriers Since 1999

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Available for Adoption

Queen Belle Ratbone (PA)

Hi, I am Queenie Belle Ratbone! I am around 2 years old and weigh about 13 pounds. I'm a little shy but warm up quickly! I love to cuddle and give and receive kisses! My foster mom says she is impressed that I have not had an accident yet. She is here with me all the time so she makes sure I am out on a regular schedule! I have a foster doggie brother. We get along fine as long as he knows I am the "Queen" of the house. I even get along with the cat! I can't forget the kid's in the house that like to give me love. The youngest is 4. I think I would even love younger kids as long as they are gentle with me. I am also working on liking my crate. My foster mom has a wire one that I don't mind but the travel crates kind of scare me. I like to be able to look all around me! I hope you will take me home to live with you! I promise to love you my whole life! You can see more pics of me at http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/RRFOSTERMOM

Ruby (NJ)

Ruby weighs 13 pounds, is "blue" and white, and is 9 years young. She is good with older children. Ruby is house trained, but may have an accident if not made to go out in the rain. While she is not crate trained, she is trained to stay in a gated off room at night. Does not ask to be let out if she has to go. Ruby is great on a leash and will do her business while walking on a leash. As wonderful as she is, Ruby can be a little aggressive with other dogs in her home; she is territorial and wants to dominate. We feel that Ruby would be happiest as an only dog that can be truly adored for all her cuteness and spunkiness. She is very energetic and still acts like a puppy at times, but loves to lay next to her family members when they are on the couch or in the reading chair. Note: This dog is a"Guardian Assistance Placement" dog, meaning he/she is being cared forin a home that is not affiliated with Ratbone Rescues. The guardian has suppliedvet records and signed an agreement giving Ratbone the right and responsibilityto rehome the dog, but Ratbone does not have physical custody and cannototherwise vouch for any of the information provided.


Princess Cali (CA)


Introducing Princess Cali! She is a petite little princess, only about 10 inches tall and weighing only 10 pounds. Princess Cali came to Ratbone from terrible conditions where she was treated much like a puppy mill dog. Despite her past, Princess Cali has acclimated to her foster home very quickly and she now runs and plays in the yard with her foster siblings, eats with them, and comes up to her foster mom for lovin'. At first, Princess Cali was afraid of everything, but after 5 months in foster care she now can be picked up and also likes to jump up into the lap of her foster mom before any of her foster siblings can. She loves to sit and curl up next to her foster mom and watch TV, and LOVES to snuggle under the covers at night. She is a good little watch dog, always alerting when someone is at the door. She is very playful with her foster siblings and gets along well with cats. She uses a doggie door, but she does have an occasional accident - though she is making improvements every day. She is now learning to walk on leash and although it is very scary out there, she is making progress every day. She would not do well in a home with young children. She would love to have a canine friend as she loves to play, but she is now at the point where she really needs her own person willing and able to give her lots of attention. She really wants to make up for lost time and she deserves it! She will need someone that is understanding of her needs and will be willing to let her warm up to them and give them all of the love she has. For more photos of Princess Cali please go to http://imageevent.com/rattiemom/princesscaliinca .

No comments: