Saving Rat Terriers Since 1999

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Available for Adoption

Riley - North Carolina
Hi - I'm Riley! I am about 3 to 4 months old, and was in the shelter as a stray. I weigh 8 pounds and I'm told that I am a Rat Terrier mixed with a little Jack or maybe Beagle. I am white with brown spots and I have a full tail. The vet thinks I will be about 16-17 pounds when I grow up. I don't think I will be real tall, just thick with nice strong legs (good for playing). I am doing great with potty training. I'm still a little skittish from being at that ol' nasty shelter, but I get so excited when I see my fostermom and dad, and I am getting very brave and out-going. I enjoy playing with my toys and like to drag big towels around the house. I also like tennis balls, and I think that chasing them in the yard would be very fun. I am a little concerned about cats, but I'm starting to understand what they are and that I must treat them with respect. I have only been around 9-10 year old kids. I still have my sharp little puppy teeth and nails, and in my excitement I might scratch a very small child if not supervised. If you want a real cutie with a lot of potential then I'm your girl! I just want a home where people will play with me and love me and give me that safe, loving home I so desperately want! So if you think I could live with you please put in an application with my name on it. I can't wait to meet my new family! If you want to see some more cute pics of me click http://imageevent.com/rattiemom/riley


Ms. Ruthie - North Carolina


Ms. Ruthie is such a beautiful little dog. She is a slight girl at only 7.9 pounds, and estimated to be 1 to 2 years old. Ruthie is not short, just petite, with a little stub tail and a beautiful black head with perfect, erect ears. She was surrendered by her former owner, but we think that in her former home Ruthie must have missed out on the love and attention she so desires. Ruthie's fostermom believes that she was living in a yard or a cage her whole life, as when she got to the shelter she was extremely dirty and she was very shy when she first came to her foster home. Ruthie comes out of her shell a little more everyday, and really enjoys sitting with someone and watching a little TV. She likes the other dogs and would do better with another dog in her forever home, to show her how to be a brave, confident dog. Her "best bud" is an 8 month old puppy. Ruthie has started playing with her foster brothers and sisters and is a submissive dog within the pack. She ignores the cats and they (the cats) actually lick her when she just stands still. Due to her shy nature it might be best for Ruthie to be in a home with children over the age od 10 years. Once Ruthie has had time to warm up and get used to her new surroundings she will make someone a great little companion. Ms. Ruthie does have a mild case of heartworms, and will undergo treatment very soon. She should be available for adoption in early October. But please don't hesitate to put in a application on this tiny little honey! For more pics click http://imageevent.com/rattiemom/ruthie

No comments: